Mr. and Mrs.

Mr. and Mrs.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Short and Sweet...

So... As my last posts states I eat, breathe, and sleep baby names... well maybe not just baby names but I like names in general. I understand that this is an odd thing to be obsessed with, and I have come to terms with that, this coming from the girl who is fascinated with homeless people (it just baffles me... homeless people, not names... maybe... both).

Anyway... I frequent a baby name site, not weird at all....and all these women think that spelling a name in some crazy form or fashion makes it unique (or should I say youneek?)! It drives me CRAZY, and then there are women, whom I am convinced that they just slap letters together to make some jumble of craziness, and name their child that. For example... "Well let’s see, I like butter so there’s a B, and my name is Alice, so theres an A and my maiden name is Smith, so let’s name our child Basmith", I'm not kidding... they do this. And then there are the McKenzies.... I think it’s possible that there are 214 ways to spell McKenzie. I'm not exactly sure of the correct spelling, however I'm almost positive that MacKennzee, is pronounced the same exact way as McKenzie.

Am I the only one who thinks that just spelling a name all kinds of cray cray for the sake of it being "different" is just strange, and maybe a little mean to children? I mean ultimately you are pronouncing it the same way, so why make it harder to learn to spell in Kindergarten? Oh... and I do realize that obsessing over baby names without being pregnant, or even planning to be pregnant soon, is a little cray cray, but that is beside the point! I'm not a planner but you can bet your hiney that my child will have a nice, well thought out, "normal" name!

I have a few names saved in my mind (who are we kidding, I have them written down in my baby name notebook) that I hope don;t drive people crazy when I have babies... or make them think I was on crack while thinking of names! Well... there is my short rant for the day!

Until Next Time... and Ashley, this post is a bonus; I have another saved up for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment